Sunday 23 December 2018

The 2-4 Beers of Christmas 2018 Edition Day 15: Let's get B.I.S.A. by Sawdust City

Beer # 474 Let's Get B.I.S.A.

Brewery: Sawdust City Brewing


Type:
 Independent Microbrewery    

Est.:  2012
Location: Gravenhurst, Ontario, Canada
Beer Style: Belgian India Session Ale
ABV: 4.2%      IBU: 25
Format: Aluminium Can  Size: 473 ml
Cost: $4.25 CAD     
Purchased At: The Brewery

 sawdustcitybeer


    @sawdustcitybeer


Sawdust has been B.I.S.A. ( I mean Busy...) this Holiday season and has put out a large number of brews. This Belgian session ale was released a couple of weeks ago, but I just got around to picking one up, when I got Sawdust's special winter stouts. I decided to add it to the list as it is quite a festive can and named with a terrible pun. I have a weak spot for puns.

Onto our beer...


Pours a cloudy brassy gold with a white head made up of small and medium bubbles. Aroma is mainly malted wheat with hints of spice and green hops. First sip is light bodied airy and refreshing. Notes of wheat hints of banana spice and green hops. Aeration brings out some grapefruit and vanilla and a touch of wheat toast.


Impressions: Fail, So-so, Pass, Exceptional 


Cost: 5/6 PASS

Colour: 5/6 PASS
Beer Style: 5/6 PASS
Re-Order:  5/6 PASS
Experience: 5/6 PASS
Christmas Cheer 5/6 PASS


Final Thoughts:


A very solid Belgian session ale. Warming, spicy, but still quite bright and green. I would enjoy sipping this under the Christmas tree, I'm sure you would too.

Cheers

CJT


 Let's Stay "Social" Follow my adventures here


   @pintjockey





The Pintjockey Online


pintjockey



And don't forget to "Friend" me on Untappd.



No comments:

Post a Comment