Wednesday 2 December 2015

The 2-4 Beers of Christmas Day 2 Stack Brewing Smoke N' Oak

Beer # 250 Smoke N' Oak

Stack Brewing Company


Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

Independent Microbrewery
Barrel Aged Smoked Ale 5.5% ABV 
Aluminum Can 473ml
$3.50 (Canadian) At The Brewery

Twitter: @Stackbrewing

Back for day 2 of the 2-4 Beers of Christmas. I have been sitting on this beer for a little while, from my last trip to Sudbury, but I think it is a perfect time to break it out. It is a barrel aged smoked red ale.



Let's get into it.

Pours a caramel/dark chestnut with a fairly thin, off-tan  head made of tiny bubbles. The nose is loaded with bacon, hickory, and dark rye bread. Light in body but there is plenty of caramel and roasted malt to keep you interested. Certainly one of the lightest smoked beers I have tried. It just makes me crave bacon. Very fruity with hints of vanilla and bubblegum. Aeration gives us a slightly creamy feeling with lots of fruit and caramel, and a light campfire.

Impressions: Fail, So-so, Pass, Exceptional 


Cost: 5/6 PASS

Colour: 5/6 PASS
Beer Style: 5/6 PASS
Re-Order:  5/6  PASS
Experience:  5/6 PASS
Christmas Cheer:  5/6 PASS

Final Thoughts:

Quite a good beer, light fruity and still smoky. I would love to eat this with a nice deli sandwich or I would love to marinate some meat with it with some nice smoked paprika.CJT


Follow me on Twitter: @pintjockey

Like me on FacebookPint Jockey Online


And don't forget to "Friend" me on Untappd.

No comments:

Post a Comment