Thursday 17 December 2015

The 2-4 Beers of Christmas Day 13: New Ontario Brewing IPA

Beer # 261 IPA

New Ontario Brewing Company


North Bay, Ontario, Canada

Independent Microbrewery
India Pale Ale 5.2 % 
IBU: 68
ABV Brown Glass Half Growler (Squeaker) 946 ml.
$6.00 (Canadian) At the Brewery

Twitter: @NewOntarioBrew



Last of my tastings from my trip to North Bay. I have been sitting on these notes for a while, so I figured it was time to use them. I found some very good beer in my adopted home town. I look forward go going up again in February and picking up some more for the blog. Hopefully there will actually be some ice in the bay for ice fishing, if not there is always the boat. We haven't sunk it in winter yet so there is always that. (Yes there is a story behind that statement, maybe if you are all good I shall relate it...)

Onto my last growler from North Bay...



Pours an orange/dark amber The head is a light tan made up of small to tiny bubbles. Aroma is quite malty with bright fruit with citrus and a light nuttiness. First sip is a rich deeply complex malt profile, in the west coast style. Nice toasty caramel. Aeration gives us a nice creamy nutty smooth taste, finish is dry and long with some medicinal hops.

Impressions: Fail, So-so, Pass, Exceptional 


Cost: 5/6 PASS

Colour: 5/6 PASS
Beer Style: 5/6 PASS
Re-Order:  5/6  PASS
Experience:  5/6 PASS
Christmas Cheer: 6/6 EXCEPTIONAL

Final Thoughts:


A very good IPA. Very happy that this brewery is off to a good start and I am excited to see what they offer in the future.

Follow me on Twitter: @pintjockey

Like me on FacebookPint Jockey Online


And don't forget to "Friend" me on Untappd.

No comments:

Post a Comment