Tuesday 19 April 2011

Beer # 53 Summer Weiss Muskoka Cottage Brewery


Summer Weiss Vintage 2011

Muskoka Cottage Brewery, Bracebridge, Ontario, Canada (Independant)
Weiss Bier 5.0% ABV Brown Glass Bottle 750 ml
$5.95 (Canadian) at LCBO.

Well the weather outside is anything but summery. In fact it has rained snowed and hailed all at different points today. So it is a perfect Canadian spring day to taste a summer beer. I think that made sense. We visited Muskoka Cottage Brewery once before in our "Lucky 13" Post, where we did the Double Chocolate Cranberry Stout. So I won't go into a lot of detail about the Bracebridge brewery again. If this is the first time you have read my blog (first of all welcome!) you can click the above link and read up on the pretty town of Bracebridge and it tiny but industrious brewery.

On to summer...


Translucent and light gold somewhat cloudy. Off-white head made up of medium sized bubbles. The nose is all cloves with a hint of cinnamon and sweetness. The first taste is strong ripe bananas, spice becomes milder. There is a lingering sweetness on the palate that is reminiscent of a banana Popsicle. As it warms toasted bread comes to the surface. Light caramel. Aeration brings out the wheat.


Impressions: Fail, So-so, Pass, Exceptional
                                                                                                               

Cost:  5/6  PASS
Colour:  5/6  PASS        
Beer Style:  6/6 EXEPTIONAL  
Re-Order:  5/6 PASS   
Experience:   5/6  PASS


Final Thoughts: 
Very enjoyable, with all the right moves. The beer style is textbook and I could have written my description out of a judging manual (don't worry... I actually think these big words up on my own...) I would put the beer toward a high pass, and I have to say I am enjoying the brewery's new seasonals, each seems to be better than the last.

Cheers
CJT

No comments:

Post a Comment