Friday 20 December 2019

The 2-4 Beers of Christmas 2019 Day: 20 Flight Plan Double IPA

Beer # 520 Flight Plan Double IPA

Brewery: Lake of Bays Brewing Company



Type:
 Independent Microbrewery    Est.:  2010

Location: Baysville, Ontario, Canada
Beer Style: Double India Pale Ale
ABV: 8.0 %      IBU: 84
Format: Aluminium Can  Size: 473 ml
Cost: $3.45 CAD     Purchased At: LCBO

lb_brewing


    @lb_brewing




Another great local brewery to me is Lake of Bays. They are situated just a half an hour up the highway from us here at Pint Jockey Headquarters. This hefty high alcohol IPA fits nicely into our category of warming beers for the holidays so I thought I would give it a shot.

Onto our beer...

Pours a classic amber with a generous white fluffy head made up of small bubbles. The nose is grainy and toasty with hints of caramel and raw alcohol. The first sip is grain forward and roasted malt with dark caramel. Hops are green and herbal and take a minute or two to develop. Mouthfeel is a little thin. Aeration gives us toast and caramel, and bitter hops.



Impressions: Fail, So-so, Pass, Exceptional 


Cost: 5/6 PASS

Colour: 5/6 PASS
Beer Style: 4/6 PASS
Re-Order:  5/6 PASS
Experience: 5/6 PASS
Christmas Cheer 5/6 PASS

Final Thoughts:


Just a little too thin on the mouthfeel for me. I know there is a lot of alcohol in there but I want a little more oomph when I drink my IPAs especially the double ones. Still an easy-drinking, excellent beer and certainly worthy of some time in your glass.

Cheers

CJT


 
 Let's Stay "Social" Follow my adventures here




pintjockey
The Pint Jockey Online


@Pintjockey


And don't forget to "Friend" me on Untappd.

No comments:

Post a Comment