Thursday 24 March 2011

1000th Page View

Wow.

This is a big day. Honestly I never thought I would be here right now. I literally thought no-one was ever going to read my beer-fueled ramblings. But you did! and as the speech goes... "You like me! You really like me!"

Beer has been a great passion of mine. I think I had my first taste of beer when I was about 8 years old. I can't say I was hooked from the start, but I certainly didn't shy away. It wasn't until I entered the hospitality field that I realised that beer (and alcohol in general) was an amazing subject. One that I cared to learn a lot about. I used to keep coasters as a way of remembering the beers that I had tried. One day I sat down at the computer, for whatever bored reason I'm not sure, and tried to figure out how many beers I had actually tasted. I think I may have been reading some Michael Jackson at the time... The beer MJ, not the... well you know. So I stretched my memory and sorted through the box of coasters and I was pleasantly surprised that I had tasted well over 200 beers. I started a beer notes database, and started to keep track. When my laptop went to silicone heaven, taking with it the latest version of my database (the only copy unfortunately... ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR DATA!) I had close to 600 beers in it. I was trying to make it to 1000, a goal I have now transfered to this blog.

The biggest thing I have found with drinking beer, not to mention life in general is... always help out the little guy. Think global, but drink local. The beer brewed just down the street is the best beer in the world, because it is fresh, it tastes exactly the way it should taste and if you don't like it, chances are you can walk right up to the person who brewed it and offer a criticism. (try telling someone from Molson-Coors that "Canadian" tastes like "diabetic monkey-piss" Chances are no-one will likely respond to your concerns).

With that said... I would like to thank everybody who has taken the time to read my diatribes, and if you have read more than one.. thank you all the more. If you are willing to keep reading I am willing to keep putting my tongue and liver at your service. Thank you for staying with me in my quest for the trivial minutia, and the taste of a really good beer.

Cheers
CJT

No comments:

Post a Comment