Sunday 8 November 2015

Stack Brewing Trademark Infringement Gose Second Anniversary Ale

Beer # 244 Trademark Infringement Anniversary Ale

Stack Brewing Company


Sudbury, Ontario, Canada

Independent Microbrewery
Gose 4.5% ABV Brown Glass Bottle 500ml
$6.00 (Canadian) At The Brewery
Twitter: @Stackbrewing


Another beer from the good people up at Stack Brewing in the Nickle City. This is a Gose they brewed for their second anniversary back in June. I may have sat on this beer for a bit... Glad I'm finally getting to it.

It's about time...drink me.



Pours a light cloudy gold with a thin head of made up of tiny bubbles. Aroma is sweet, wheaty, slightly caramel with hints of singed citrus. There is also a hint of mineral. First sip is slightly nutty with light grapefruit and lemon. Tart and mildly sour with a good backbone of minerals and salt. Aeration gives us some more malty, nutty, herbal notes.

Impressions: Fail, So-so, Pass, Exceptional 


Cost: 5/6 PASS

Colour: 5/6 PASS
Beer Style: 5/6 PASS
Re-Order:  5/6  PASS
Experience:  5/6 PASS

Final Thoughts:


Full disclosure, I have had this beer in my fridge for a couple of months, so it definitely has picked up some age. But the flavours are all still there. Lovely use of the salt in the beer. 

 
Cheers

CJT



Follow me on Twitter: @pintjockey

Like me on FacebookPint Jockey Online


And don't forget to "Friend" me on Untappd.

No comments:

Post a Comment