Sunday 24 August 2014

Beer # 150 Karma Citra Great Lakes Brewery

Karma Citra

Great Lakes Brewery


Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Independent
India Pale Ale 6.6 % ABV Brown Glass Bottle 650 ml.
$5.95 (Canadian) At the LCBO
Twitter: @GreatLakesBeer

Down to Great Lakes Brewery again. They certainly do love their IPAs at this brewery and they like to show their love a lot. I have had quite a few different variations of the IPA from them, all with very different personalities. And I have yet to be disappointed. So I was excited to bring this one home and try it.

Onto The Tasting...

Light gold in colour and slightly cloudy. Head is large white and fluffy with good staying power. Bubbles are very small.Aroma is green and fruity, pineapple mostly with some bitter herbs. Herbaceousness continues on the first sip with lots of guava and pineapple, light caramel in the background. A good strong hit of pepper in the foreground. Very green with a good hit of bitterness to finish it off. Aeration brings out a toasty bready note and enhances the caramel. there is pithy bitter orange peel on the finish.


Impressions: Fail, So-so, Pass, Exceptional 

Cost: 5/6 PASS
Colour: 5/6 PASS
Beer Style: 5/6 PASS
Re-Order:  5/6 PASS
Experience:  5/6 PASS


Final Thoughts:

Another great example of an IPA from the people down by the lake. I could certainly see myself enjoying one of these on a hot summer day in the backyard.


Cheers


CJT


Follow me on Twitter: @pintjockey
Like me on FacebookPint Jockey Online

And don't forget to "Friend" me on Untappd.

No comments:

Post a Comment