Tuesday 22 October 2019

What's 10 Months Between Friends?

Yep.

10 Months.


It's been quite a while. There are excuses, there are reasons. Mostly I've been busy. This summer I ran a food truck which consumed ALL of the time I had... and I mean all. Like 6 days a week 12 to 14 hours a day. The only time I had left was dedicated to sleeping, and mugging down a beer or two without much thought. Things still happened. I got out to Funk Fest at Sawdust City again this year. 4th year running. I got to see Stephen Stanley's solo performance at the brewery as well. Also managed to hit a couple of trivia nights. Other than that it was Fish and Chips, Burgers, Tacos and a metric tonne of french fries. I've only recently been able to get all of the grease out of my pores. After the truck finished for the year I embarked on the renovation our kitchen here at Pint Jockey Headquarters. What was supposed to take 1 week has now taken over 2 weeks and I still have a number of small jobs to finish. It was one of those things where everything you touched took twice or three times longer than expected. Plus it came with several surprises like having to replace the toilet and the bathroom floor before I could finish fixing the plumbing in the kitchen. It is pretty much done now and completely usable so I figure I can afford some time to myself to pick up the blog again.

Halloween is fast approaching and we are knee-deep in pumpkin beer season. Fortunately, I haven't seen many around. I think we tried 2? when we went down to Stratford for our annual Festival trip (I'm spotlighting two new breweries in two new posts stay tuned!). One was by Big Rig out of Ottawa and tasted like Dr. Pepper. I really hate pumpkin beers... please breweries, stop making them or at least make them taste good.

Big news is coming! There is a major trip coming up for the Pint Jockey Household. I'm holding back details until all the tickets are bought and passports acquired but we are going somewhere cool in December(?) and I'm taking the blog along. That does throw a wrench into my 2-4 Beers of Christmas Blog Series which is my most popular set of posts each year, however, I have it covered! I am working hard behind the scenes right now to fill up all of those posts and set up a publishing schedule so they go out daily while I am away. I still hope to add posts from our trip but the Internet will be (very) spotty and I'm not taking the chance. If I can't get anything published on the trip, it will all post in January when we return, but The 2-4 Beers of Christmas will run on schedule. Plus I will keep daily posts going through Instagram so make sure to follow me and keep up with my adventures in December.

That about updates you sports fans... Sorry for the long blank stare from the Pint Jockey Pages but work, sadly, always comes before play. Hopefully, we can all settle into a nice groove here and taste some beers.

Stay tuned...

Cheers
CJT

 Let's Stay "Social" Follow my adventures here


   @pintjockey



The Pintjockey Online



pintjockey



And don't forget to "Friend" me on Untappd.


No comments:

Post a Comment