Monday 14 November 2016

The Waiting is the Hardest Part....


Yes, yes... Cue Tom Petty because this is a Heartbreaker... 

I went into Sawdust City the other day to pick up Sam Corbeil's annual birthday collaboration with fellow brewmeister Rob Morrow of Nickel Brook Brewing Company, the aptly named 11/05. This year's brew is a Belgian style Tripel with an alcohol content of... you guessed it.. 11.05 % Much to my chagrin the cans actually came sealed (obviously not for my protection... But for the beer's!) Yes, the cans are still actively conditioning, and we had to pinkie swear we would not open the cans until November 21.

The good news is, 11/05 this year is part of "Crafting for a Cure," The Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation will receive $1 for every can and pint of 11/05 sold... until the shelves and barrels run dry. Today is world Diabetes day and it is the perfect day to go out and buy a can or pint of this awesome collaboration beer. If they don't have the beer in your area... my condolences... So instead how about giving that dollar to the JDRF anyway.  They will take $1, $5, $10, anything you want to give... Maybe even that old jar of pennies hiding in your cupboard... Yeah that one... you know it's just going to sit there... Give it up for a good cause.


As for me... I get to wait another week for the deliciousness. Oh.. and they suggested I buy TWO cans because they said it it supposed to be at its best in 6 months... So, I did. I will taste the second one in May and let you know what I think. Back to the waiting... and more posts starting tomorrow.






You can also check out the World Diabetes Day Facebook page Here







Cheers

CJT


Follow me on Twitter: @pintjockey

Like me on FacebookPint Jockey Online


And don't forget to "Friend" me on Untappd.


No comments:

Post a Comment