Tuesday 18 September 2012

Ale to the Chief

Presidential Homebrew

Well I know this isn't exactly news anymore, but I couldn't let it pass without posting these up on the blog. It makes me giggle that so many people petitioned under the US Freedom of Information act to get President Obama's secret homebrew recipes. Well here ya go folks... two very impressive recipes from the most powerful beer fridge in the world. I give them credit for using the White House's own honey, but a lot of the other ingredients sound very British! Kent Goldings hops? Fuggles? Windsor and Nottingham Yeast? Mr. President... surely you should be shopping local!

It is said that this is the first beer to ever be produced in the White House, and through exhaustive research I have confirmed this to be true... ( well maybe not exhaustive... I did check out Wikipedia though.) So if you are a homebrewer, and want to drink like a president... here are the recipes. 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment