Monday 8 November 2010

Welcome to Perry's Corners

Welcome to Perry's Corners, Ontario, Canada!

It's a small town in central Ontario (that yes, does exist !) A quiet neighbourhood home to a crazy restaurant manager who likes to talk about and drink BEER! I'm figuring now that you have divined the nature of this blog and if I still have your attention pull up a chair pour a glass and lets talk about the bubbly amber.

First a bit about me. Several years ago I followed a girl into the hotel restaurant industry, fell in love and here I am. No, not with the girl! I lost her somewhere along the way, but I fell in love with the industry and have been working in it ever since. It has taken me back and forth across this great nation. From rocky mountain passes, to the pacific coast, to the wilds of Ontario and the very wilds of Toronto, to the rolling hills and fertile farmlands of Quebec and the throbbing nightlife of La Belle Montreal.

Everywhere I lay my head, I called home, even if just for a night. And I discovered along the way not only a love for my nation and the many faces of my industry; I discovered BEER. This blog is not for the people who are stuck in the "... I drink Blue 'cuz it were tha only thang that Daddy dun ever had around..." phase of drinking... or is it? I don't know. This blog is definitely for anyone who wants to know a bit more about the joys of liquid bread.... and its myriad forms: just like I have discovered. My informal goal is to make it to 1000 beers. My hand written notes covered about 500 but it is time to expand... I'm starting again, and this time keeping a good record, that record is what you are reading now. Be warned: this is by no means scientific, or in any form expert.... I'm just a guy who knows a lot about beer because I have worked with it for 20 years. Some of my reviews may be very subjective and you will probably disagree... good! If we all agreed on everything the world would be a sadder place. I also warrant that I do NOT work for any brewery or retailer, I have no interest in advertising for anyone, nor am I paid to do this, and I PAY for all of my samples. (However, if you would like to send me free beer... email me for my mailing address!! I will not complain!)

So sit back and join me in a glass or several, feel free to comment, or disagree or tell me of a beer I should discuss.

CJT

No comments:

Post a Comment