Saturday 7 March 2015

Vedett Extra White


# 215 Vedett Extra White Belgian Wheat



Duvel MoortGaat

Breendonk, Belgium
Independent Large Scale
Belgian Wheat Beer
4.7 % ABV Green Glass Bottle 330 ml
$2.91 (Canadian) At LCBO  ($11.65 for a 4 Pack)

Twitter: @DuvelBeer
Beer: With instructions...

I am actually surprised this is the first Duvel beer I have gotten around to. Mind you, Belgian beers I had to ease myself into. It took awhile for my palate to understand and enjoy them (and... now I do!) Duvel means Devil in Flemish, and Vedett is their second label, of more trendy and experimental beers. I have to admit this is one of the first beers I have seen with specific pouring instructions (see the picture at right...) They also have a campaign where you can submit a picture of yourself and random pictures are chosen and printed on the rear label... who know one day you might be drinking by yourself... with yourself! This guy with the striking scarf was obviously.

Onto our beer...

Pours a hazy white gold. Followed the instructions on the bottle to pour 2/3rd of the beer and then swirl and pour the rest. Precipitate is evident. Head is creamy white made up of tiny bubbles. Nose is very wheaty with clove and bananas hints of citrus and vanilla. First sip is warm and bready very open and inviting. Clean crisp lemon and fruity notes, clove is present but very light. Hints of coriander and honey on the finish. Aeration accentuates the tart citrus, and a flinty mineral character.


Cost: 5/6 PASS
Colour: 5/6 PASS
Beer Style: 5/6 PASS
Re-Order:  5/6 PASS
Experience:  5/6 PASS


Final Thoughts:

Lovely, drinkable beer. Good quality wheat. Definitely worth a try if you can pick yourself up a bottle.


P.S. I have just been trying out www.julyu.com It's a new social media platform for those who enjoy fine alcoholic beverages, like you dear reader. Come and hang out with some like minded individuals. Sign up now and be sure to friend me!


CJT



Follow me on Twitter: @pintjockey
Like me on FacebookPint Jockey Online



And don't forget to "Friend" me on Untappd.

No comments:

Post a Comment