Tuesday 17 February 2015

Triple Bogey Premium Lager


# 208 Triple Bogey Premium Lager


Triple Bogey Brewing & Golf Co.


Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Independent Contract Brewery
Lager 5.0% ABV Aluminum Can 473 ml
$2.50 (Canadian) LCBO


Twitter: @Triplebogey

Triple Bogey is a contract brewery (that is it's product is brewed under an agreement with another brewery)., and it's Headquartered in the Beach in Toronto. Literally right around the corner from where I used to live. We will skirt quickly around the issue of the term "Beach" as it means so much to many different people. But it is generally accepted to be bounded on the south by Lake Ontario and the north by Kingston Road, and runs basically along Queen Street East from Coxwell to Victoria Park. It encompasses Ashbridges Bay, Woodbine and Kew Beach (although some include the famous Leslie Spit as well). It is one of the Oldest settled sections of Toronto and was the location of the first Horse Racing track. If you are a movie buff you would know that the famous movie "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" was filmed in part there. And it is one of my favourite places in Toronto. Triple bogey is an interesting blend of businesses as it not only produces beer, but it sells a line of golfing apparel. (Well beer and swag DO go well together as we all know). Their aim was to produce a light, crisp lager, for consumption by the golfing enthusiast.

Let's see how well they did...


Pours a clear light gold with a small but sturdy off-white head made up of small bubbles. The nose is grassy with light citrus and clean malt smell. Very light in body, the first sip is mineral, citrus, hints of white bread and a slight tartness. Aeration brings out the grassy hops.


Impressions: Fail, So-so, Pass, Exceptional 

Cost: 5/6 PASS
Colour: 5/6 PASS
Beer Style: 5/6 PASS
Re-Order:  4/6 PASS
Experience:  4/6 PASS


Final Thoughts:

I see what you did there!
Lagers have fallen out of favour with me as I find them often too lacking in flavour. That being said, This one is designed with golfers in mind, so I must put myself in the mind of one. Only having golfed about 2, maybe 3 times in my life I quickly discovered there were two thing wrong with my golf game: my drive and my putt... so as you can see I stuck to beer. But as I remembered, golfing is hot sweaty business and a crisp clean refreshing beer is what you look forward to. I would certainly say this would not be amiss on the golf course or the 19th hole for that matter. Not particularly the beer I would choose to relax to but if you enjoy Steamwhistle, Creemore, or any other the other craft lagers this beer is for you. Grab a can and try it. By the way, the logo on the can was my most favourite part (sorry, it's hard to see in the picture) but the T and the B of Triple Bogey forms an icon in the shape of a +3 (or a triple bogey in golf). Nice touch guys!

CJT


Follow me on Twitter: @pintjockey
Like me on FacebookPint Jockey Online


And don't forget to "Friend" me on Untappd.


No comments:

Post a Comment