Wednesday 14 January 2015

Beer # 190 Undercover Brother White Stout with Chai

White Stout with Chai
Collaboration

Brother's Brewing Company
No Website... Facebook them HERE
Pelham, Ontario, Canada

Independent

with


Barnstormer  Brewing

Barrie, Ontario, Canada
Brewpub/Brewery
Flavoured White Stout 7.3 % ABV 20oz Pint
$6.25 (Canadian) At the Sawdust City Brewery Saloon (Guest Tap)

Twitter: @BrothersBrewery  @BarnstormerBeer 


While down at Sawdust City yesterday I managed to try a few beers on the "Guest Tap," and this was one. I has another beer by Brother's Brewing Citra Pale Az Down a few weeks ago, also on the guest tap at Sawdust. I enjoyed that beer immensely , so I was very happy to see this collaboration show up.

Onto the tasting...

Pours a hazy amber colour with an off white head made up of small bubbles. Chai spices are the forefront on the nose. Cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, and tea. first sip is chocolaty, spicy, cinnamon and clove. Finish is angelica, with some smoky sumac. Aeration accentuates the tea and spice. with a hint of tasted caramel, and breadiness on the finish.

 Impressions: Fail, So-so, Pass, Exceptional 


Cost: 5/6 PASS

Colour: 5/6 PASS
Beer Style: 5/6 PASS
Re-Order:  4/6 PASS 
Experience:  5/6 PASS


Final Thoughts:

This was my first "White Stout," and I was not exactly sure what to expect. This was a light bodied but full flavoured beer, Seemingly as contradictory as it's name. The spice was well done I got the full impression of chai tea. While I enjoyed the beer it is a very different experience. I may have to try a few more to get a good understanding of them

Cheers



CJT



Follow me on Twitter: @pintjockey
Like me on FacebookPint Jockey Online





And don't forget to "Friend" me on Untappd.

No comments:

Post a Comment