Monday 1 December 2014

Welcome The 2-4 Beers of Christmas

Come to the Dark Side... We have beer
Wow, It's December again. 2014 just flew by, I swear I don't remember the summer at all. The nights are getting longer, the beers are getting darker and more flavourful. It's time we turned our attention to some stouts, porter and other big beers with big personalities and higher alcohol contents. As I look back I have done my fair share of IPAs and wheat beers this summer, mainly because that was what was hot. And I haven't gone to the "Dark Side" much and I feel that is something I should remedy.

Traditionally Winter beers go up in alcohol content to help preserve them during the winter storage. And, as we all prepare for our own hibernations, big bold high alcohol beers start to feel very warming and comforting. Whether you are sitting by a roaring fireplace, or snuggled under a comfy blanket watching the snow fall (and fall, and etc...)
So join me over the next three weeks as I crack the top on my own Beer Advent Calendar. One beer, one post a day. I give you my 2-4 Beers of Christmas (24 days to Christmas; 24 beers in a case...  Need I say more?)

Beery Christmas to all... and to all a good Bock.

Cheers

CJT

Follow me on Twitter: @pintjockey
Like me on FacebookPint Jockey Online


And don't forget to "Friend" me on Untappd.

No comments:

Post a Comment