Monday 8 December 2014

The 2-4 Beers of Christmas: Day 7 Morrocan Brown Ale

Beer # 170 Moroccan Brown Ale

Spearhead Brewing Company


Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Independent
Flavoured Brown Ale 6.0 % ABV Brown Glass Bottle 355 ml.
$2.33 (Canadian) At the LCBO ($13.95 for a six pack)
Twitter: @SpearheadBeer



I'm actually a little ashamed of myself I thought I had posted about Spearhead before. I had The Hawaiian Pale Ale a while ago and really enjoyed it, but apparently didn't write about it. So I make up for that by posting about another in their growing stable of beers: The Moroccan Brown Ale. This beer is a malty brown ale flavoured with figs, dates, raisins, and cinnamon. The very festive beer perfectly suited for holiday imbibing.

Onto the Tasting...

Pours a hazy orange brown with an light tan head made of small bubbles. Nose is sweet with hints of cinnamon dried fruit and dark malt. First sip is very fruit filled, raisins, dates, sugary, light molasses, turbinado sugar. It does remind me of fruit cake... but in a good way. Despite all of the dried fruit flavours the beer works very well. the sweetness offsets the dark malt flavours. Aeration gives us some lighter citrusy notes in among a stronger hit of dates.



Impressions: Fail, So-so, Pass, Exceptional 



Cost: 5/6 PASS
Colour: 5/6 PASS
Beer Style: 5/6 PASS
Re-Order:  5/6 PASS
Experience:  5/6 PASS
Christmas Spirit 6/6 EXCEPTIONAL


Final Thoughts:

Very tasty, and well suited to my holiday theme. I would LOVE to bake with this beer or just sit back and drink it with some fruitcake (yes I do like it!) or some of my family's traditional Christmas pudding.

Cheers And Beery Christmas


CJT


Follow me on Twitter: @pintjockey
Like me on FacebookPint Jockey Online



And don't forget to "Friend" me on Untappd.

No comments:

Post a Comment