Sunday 30 November 2014

Beer # 163 Plowman's Ale Grand River Brewery

Plowman's Ale

Grand River Brewery


Cambridge, Ontario, Canada
Independent
Amber Ale 4.7 % ABV Brown Glass Bottle 500 ml.
$3.75 (Canadian) At the LCBO
Twitter: @GrandRiverBeer

This is my second beer from Grand River Brewing in the first was their Tailgate Pilsner and I wasn't a big fan. But I was excited to try this one from them and I wasn't disappointed.

Onto the tasting...

Pours a medium amber colour with an off tan head made of small bubbles. Aroma is light fresh and malty, with hints of leather and fresh grain. The beer opens up with a good malt profile and a good hit of bittering hops to balance it out. Drinks like an export ale but not as sweet. There is a mild fruitiness beneath the malt. Very hardy and drinkable, lives up to the term liquid bread, for the beer is slightly filling and tastes like a meal. Aeration gives a slight spice and some more of the bitter hops.

Impressions: Fail, So-so, Pass, Exceptional 


Cost: 5/6 PASS

Colour: 5/6 PASS
Beer Style: 5/6 PASS
Re-Order:  5/6 PASS
Experience:  5/6 PASS


Final Thoughts: 


Very good indeed. I know I had issues with the maltiness in their Tailgate Pilsner, but here, they got it just right. Perhaps they are best suited to making ales because this beer I enjoyed very much.


Cheers


CJT




Follow me on Twitter: @pintjockey
Like me on FacebookPint Jockey Online

And don't forget to "Friend" me on Untappd.

No comments:

Post a Comment