Sunday 13 July 2014

Cider Week

Cider Week July 13th to 20th

I am very pleased to announce that I am taking the week off from posting about beer! I have wanted to do a few cider blogs for sometime as the rise in number of varieties of hard ciders is increasing in my local LCBO. Cider is gaining popularity again. It used to be the go to drink of our founding fathers, as it was far easier to produce than beer. Most farmers kept an apple tree or two for making cider. It was tasty, and it kept well.

So I have seven ciders lined up for this week. Some common some not. England, Ireland, USA, and Canada are all represented. The format for the tasting will be very similar to the beer. I hope you enjoy reading about them as much as I do tasting and writing!

Cheers

CJT

No comments:

Post a Comment