Sunday 20 July 2014

Cider Week: Cider # 8 Sir Perry Pear Cider

Sir Perry




Gaymer's Cider
Gloucestershire, England, United Kingdom
Adjunct Hard Pear Cider 6.0 % ABV Aluminium Can 500 ml.
$3.00 (Canadian) At LCBO 
Twitter: Not found

Last one of the week and sadly probably the worst. Doesn't taste much like anything but alcoholic water filled with citric acid. (Sad Monkey again) Anyway Tonight we get back on track and start up with some really great beers to make up for a few misses we had here on Cider week. Don't get me wrong I enjoyed the change and I would like to do it again. I think I will do more research next time and I'll stock up some good ciders. Perry is an Old England term for a pear cider. 

Onto the (last... for now) Cider Week tasting.

Clear green gold with a white head that disperses quickly. Aroma is wet dog and earth. Very sweet, some pear. Citric and absorbic acid make it very tart and sour. Syrupy and sweet. Aeration gives ups pear and coffee. finish is mild spice.

Impressions: Fail, So-so, Pass, Exceptional 

Cost: 4/6 PASS
Colour: 5/6 PASS
Cider Style: 2/6 SO-SO
Re-Order:  2/6 SO-SO
Experience:  2/6 SO-SO

Final Thoughts:

Truly bad. this one is another in the "avoid" category.

Cheers

CJT


Follow me on Twitter: @pintjockey
Like me on FacebookPint Jockey Online

And don't forget to "Friend" me on Untappd.

No comments:

Post a Comment