Sunday 9 December 2012

Beer # 90 First Trax Brown Ale

First Trax Brown Ale

Fernie Brewing Company

Fernie, British Columbia, Canada
Independent
Brown Ale 5.0 % ABV Aluminum Can 355 ml.
$1.85 (Canadian) At BC Liquor Stores (12 pack for $22.25)

Twitter: @ferniebrewingco


Last of the four-fer beers from Fernie Brewing Company. As before I went into great detail about the City of Fernie in my previous post here. Feel free to go on over and read it. I'll wait....

Ok, now that you are back onto the tasting!

Go Ghostriders!!

The colour is dark chestnut with a fluffy light tan head made up of small bubbles. The aroma is very malty with some burnt notes molasses and demerara sugar, in the background is some leathery dried fruit and dark leafy notes. First sip is surprisingly light and refreshing, fruity and smoky like barbecued stone fruit. Evenly balanced from the attack to the finish the only detraction is a slight ashen flavour as the finish ramps up. Burnt sugar lingers on the tongue for quite some time. Aeration gives us a sense of spiciness, cloves and cinnamon.


Impressions: Fail, So-so, Pass, Exceptional   


Cost: 5/6 PASS
Colour: 5/6 PASS
Beer Style: 5/6 PASS
Re-Order:  5/6 PASS
Experience:  5/6 PASS

Final Thoughts:

By far the best of the four Fernie Beers. I would certainly want to cook with this beer, a nice hearty pot roast or beef stew. Giving the right inclination I would even put it in the food.... So a warm Thank You to my friend who brought me these beers from B.C. I enjoyed tasting them very much. Next beer up we are staying in B.C., but we are picking ourselves up from the mountains and heading to the coast.... Squamish here we come!


Cheers
CJT

Follow me on Twitter: @pintjockey


Like me on Facebook: Pint Jockey Online

No comments:

Post a Comment